She says...It's the holiday season and my favorite time of the year, especially Christmastime! This is such a special season so I have decided to join Leslie in making a mini bucket list. It's not that elaborate and mostly just a list of my Christmas traditions.
- Decorate Our Tree - Last year, we bought a new pre-lit, LED, slim tree. It's perfect for our living room area. The year before, half of our tree lights went out the week of Christmas! I blame the Grinch. Ha!
- Attend Christmas Parties - We are all wearing our Christmas sweaters and will be a fun night!
- Shop for Gifts - When our kids were younger, Troy & I would go out at 4 a.m. the morning after Thanksgiving and try to get some good deals on gifts. Thankfully, we don't do that anymore. I try to start shopping in October and November so it is not so overwhelming. I also shop the sales on Cyber Monday.
- Wrap Presents - This is fun for me! I get all of my supplies out, put on some Christmas music and take my time to enjoy it. I realize some people hate wrapping. But when my older sister and I were little (in the 70's) my Mom would take us to D.H. Holmes to shop. While she was shopping, we would go upstairs and watch the ladies wrap gifts. We learned how to wrap beautiful presents.
- Drive to Look at Christmas Lights - The locations vary; but, every year we hop in the truck and drive around looking at beautiful holiday lights and decorations.
A few other things I do are send holiday cards, watch our favorite Christmas movies, host our family Christmas dinner and most importantly, attend Christmas Church service. With all of the holiday hustle and bustle, taking time to celebrate the birth of Jesus is truly the gift.