I realize I haven't been blogging much, lately. Thanks to COVID 19, I have been putting in more time at work. And, with the new-to-us boat, there has been a lot of upgrading/updating going on with it...stay tuned for more on that subject!
For Father's Day, the kids and Anne gave me a set of regulation size cornhole boards! They were unfinished which gave us the opportunity to "make them ours." We ordered a pair of custom, LSU themed vinyl wraps on Etsy. The wrap application required priming the wood. I applied a water based, semi-gloss clear acrylic over the bare wood. But, I have read where you can also use any basic paint primer like Kilz.
|Semi-Gloss Acrylic Prime|
|Trimming the Excess Vinyl|
We next purchased four stainless steel window seal latches and installed two on each interior length of the cornhole boards. This allows you to reach inside each hole and secure the two boards together.
|Window Seal Latches on the Inside of the Boards|
|Finished Set of Boards, Joined Together|
|Finished Board with Eye Bolt & Snap Ring|
Looking at these photos, I think I'm going to add some decorative stainless steel corner protectors to the opposite side of the handles. This will prevent any scratching/damage on the sides in contact with the ground....or as in the picture....the concrete driveway!
Stay tuned for a future blog about what we have been doing with the boat. I also plan to blog a hunting season primer which will basically be a recap of this past hunting season. Happy Cornholing to everybody!